Invisalign vs. Metal Braces: Which Is Better?
At Lingenbrink Orthodontics, we gladly provide high-quality orthodontics and orthodontic care to all patients in or around Silverdale, Bremerton, Port Orchard, Belfair, and Gig Harbor, WA. As your trusted Gig Harbor orthodontist, we utilize state-of-the-art technology and advanced orthodontic knowledge to guarantee you the most efficient orthodontic treatment possible. Two of our most common orthodontic treatments that we offer are Invisalign and metal braces. Allow us to give you a few reasons as to why you should consider each treatment type.
Why You Should Choose Metal Braces
Metal braces are the traditional method of orthodontic treatment. This is generally the kind most commonly associated with orthodontic treatment…and with good reason too – metal braces are a proven and effective way to straighten teeth. Some of the benefits of choosing metal braces include the following:
- The treatment time with metal braces will generally be faster.
- There are many different types of braces, including ceramic braces, which offer a more discreet orthodontic treatment.
- The braces are cemented onto your teeth, meaning that there’s no worries about losing or forgetting to wear your braces.
- Braces are effective for treating more complex orthodontic problems.
- Metal braces are also usually less expensive.
Why You Should Choose Invisalign
Invisalign is known as the alternative to braces. Instead of using metal wires and brackets, this orthodontic treatment will shift teeth into proper positioning through the usage of a series of clear aligners. Patients who choose Invisalign will have these advantages:
- The aligners of Invisalign are transparent, meaning that others likely won’t even recognize that you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Invisalign is removable and it only needs to be worn for about 22 hours a day.
- Because Invisalign is removable, it’s just as simple to clean your teeth while undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- You won’t need to change your diet or worry about what foods you eat – just remove your aligners prior to eating.
- Invisalign is made of plastic, which offers more comfort to your mouth and gums than metal wires and brackets.
So Which Is the Best Choice: Metal Braces or Invisalign?
While each form of orthodontic treatment has its advantages, there’s no set answer as to which is the optimal choice – it depends entirely on the patient’s wants and needs. Dr. Lingenbrink will always work with each individual patient to determine which treatment is best suited for them.
Contact Your Gig Harbor Orthodontist Today!
If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment with us to determine if orthodontics is encouraged, feel free to fill out our online appointment request form. Alternatively, you can give us a call at one of our three convenient locations. Our Gig Harbor office phone number is (253) 851-8890, our Bremerton office phone number is (360) 692-4811, and our Port Orchard office phone number is (360) 895-9099. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We look forward to hearing from you and putting you on the path toward a straighter and healthier smile!