As your premier orthodontist in and around Tacoma, we’ve grown to love both working and living in the area. We love serving the community of Tacoma with high-quality orthodontic treatments, including braces and Invisalign, from our offices in Bremerton, Port Orchard, and Gig Harbor. Not only are the residents wonderful to be around, but there’s always something fun to do as well. We’d like to share with you some of the events that we enjoy during the summer in Tacoma.
Our List of Family-Friendly Events
The Tacoma area is packed with a plethora of fun activities; it’s actually hard to limit it to just ten! Here are some of the ones that we enjoy the most:
- For a great hiking trail in Tacoma, we recommend Five Mile Drive & Trails. It’s a 600-acre wooded oasis with plenty of beautiful hiking trails.
- Visit Dash Point Park, one of the best beaches for kids in the South Puget Sound. Not only can you go swimming, but there’s a fishing pier, and a playground as well.
- If you’re into interesting artwork, you should check out the Museum of Glass. There’s plenty of glass art and you can even watch the artists in the process of creating.
- Watch the Tacoma Rainiers, the AAA-affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. You’ll get to relax and see the stars of the future play baseball. Just make sure to limit yourself from eating too many teeth-unfriendly foods while you’re watching!
- If you’re looking for a park to go to, we recommend Point Defiance Park. You’ll find plenty of hiking trails and beautiful scenery all around.
- For the animal fans, there’s always Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. There’s all kinds of animals there, from goats to polar bears to sharks.
- If you’re interested in history, the Washington State History Museum is the perfect choice for you. It provides all kinds of historical information and knowledge about the state of Washington.
- For those looking for a museum that’s dedicated to children, we recommend the Children’s Museum of Tacoma. It features all the education and knowledge of a regular museum, only in bite-size form!
- Visit the Tacoma Freedom Fair on July 4th if you’re into fireworks. It’s a full day of fun with an air show, food, rides, and a firework show to top it all off. It’s one of the top July 4th celebrations in the country!
- Have some roller-skating fun at Skate Tiffany’s. Just make sure to wear proper protection so you don’t chip a tooth!
Contact Your Port Orchard, Bremerton, and Gig Harbor Orthodontist!
If you’d like to schedule an appointment with an orthodontist near Tacoma, we encourage you to fill out our online appointment request form or give us a call at one of our three convenient locations. Our Bremerton office phone number is (360) 692-4811, our Port Orchard office phone number is (360) 895-9099, and our Gig Harbor office phone number is (253) 851-8890. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about braces or our other orthodontic treatments. We look forward to hearing from you!